Do you find yourself springing out of bed in the morning following a great night's sleep or do you have to force yourself to get up?
As we near the end of National Bed Month, The Sleep Council's annual national awareness campaign to promote the importance of a good night's sleep, this is a good time to consider whether your bed is helping or hindering your sleep.
In case you are unsure, here are eight signs that might indicate that it's time to think about buying a new bed or mattress:
- You don't feel rested when you wake up in the morning.
- You've had your current mattress for more than seven years.
- You wake up with aches and pains that weren't there before you went to bed.
- You're being disturbed by your partner when they move in bed.
- Your bed or mattress creaks or squeaks.
- The mattress noticeably sags, or you find yourself unintentionally rolling into the middle of the bed.
- You toss and turn and wake frequently during the night.
- You sleep better elsewhere.
Also, if your circumstances have changed, for example, if you've lost or gained a significant amount of weight, then your current bed may no longer be giving you the correct amount of support.
If you're ready for a new bed you might find our bed shopping guide helpful.
We stock a wide selection of beds from leading bed manufacturers including Vispring, Harrison, and Dreamworks. We currently have several offers on new beds including free size upgrade and free drawers on selected Harrison beds.
All our beds come with free delivery and interest-free credit is available on selected beds. Click here to see the full range.