National Bed Month is The Sleep Council's annual national awareness campaign to promote the importance of a good night's sleep. Since we spend about one-third of our lives in bed, this is one piece of furniture that we can't afford to get wrong.
When should you buy a new bed?
Experts recommend replacing your mattress every seven years. If you're unsure whether you need a new bed or not, answer the following questions from The Sleep Council's bed MOT test:
- Did you have your best night's sleep recently with another bed?
- Are you waking up more frequently unrefreshed and aching?
- Do you disturb your partner at night, or do they disturb you when changing sleep positions?
- Does your bed look used or worn?
- Does the mattress feel lumpy?
- Does the bed make suspicious noises in the night?
- Is the mattress or the base sagging - do you and your partner roll towards each other unintentionally in the middle of the night?
- Are the base, legs or castors lumpy, worn or wobbly?
- Would it be embarrassing if your neighbours saw your bed without its covers?
If you answered yes to three or more questions, it's highly likely that you'll improve your quality of sleep with a new bed.
We stock a varied selection of beds from leading bed manufacturers, including Vispring, Harrison, Salus, and Slumberland. Whether you prefer a divan set, hardwood frame or an ottoman bed we've got plenty to choose from. And with double (135cm) beds starting from just £499, we've got a bed to suit all budgets. We're also running a free size upgrade on Harrison beds this month, so you can enjoy extra space and comfort for less.
All our beds come with free delivery and are available to purchase on interest-free credit (minimum spend of £500). Click here to see our full range of beds and mattresses.