A sofa bed is a very versatile piece of furniture that provides extra sleeping space. Here are our five tips to help you choose the right one.
If you are planning overnight guests during the Christmas period you might be wondering where to put them up. A sofa bed is a very versatile piece of furniture that provides extra sleeping space and works equally well in a spare room or home office as in a living room.
Order now and your sofa bed will be delivered in time for the festive period.
Today’s sofa beds are stylish, well designed, and comfortable both for sleeping and sitting. Here are our five tips on choosing the right sofa bed for your home.
- Measure the area you have available for the sofa bed. Remember you will need a clear space in front of the sofa bed to open it out. Also don’t forget to measure the doorways that the sofa will need to pass through upon delivery.
- Decide on your requirements - how many people will the bed need to sleep and how often will it be used? This will help determine the size of sofa you should choose and what type of mattress is needed. A bed with a standard foam mattress will be fine if you plan to use it occasionally but if you have guests regularly a spring deluxe mattress would be better.
- In the store test out the sofa for comfort, both as a sofa and as a bed.
- Ask the shop assistant to show you how the mechanism works and test converting the sofa to a bed and back again. Some sofa beds have heavy-duty mechanisms and can be very difficult to operate so make sure it works for you.
- Choose the upholstery with care. Sofa bed fabric needs to be hard wearing, easy to keep clean and comfortable. Fabrics with raised patterns or textures are best avoided.
If you would like a new sofa bed in time for your Christmas guests have a look at our range of stylish and comfortable sofa beds.