Our top 10 tips on clever use of mirrors in your home.
With so many shapes, sizes, and styles to choose from, mirrors are an easy and versatile way to bring style to your home. From brightening up dark corners to creating the illusion of space, mirrors are a must have addition to your home and can be used throughout every room.
Here are our top 10 tips on clever use of mirrors in your home:
- Large mirrors work well in living rooms where they create more light from their reflections and open up the space. A decorative mirror can also serve as an art piece.
- Add a large mirror to a narrow hallway, it will open up the area and make it feel less confined.
- Place a mirror next to your dining room table. This allows for softer lighting to be used, while still keeping the area light and bright.
- Floor length mirrors can make any space feel taller. Their long shape draws the eye up and carrying it around the room, making any space feel lighter and brighter.
- Use multiple small mirrors to create a mirror wall. As well as adding space and light it also creates a design feature.
- Place a bright lamp in front of a mirror to assist the spread of light through a room. In a room without a window, this will help to create the illusion of light from a window space.
- A mirror next to or across from a window allows you to appreciate the outdoor views from multiple angles as well as maximising the effect of natural light.
- A large mirror with an interesting shape also serves as a work of art and works well in a bedroom.
- Draw attention to a key feature or object in a room by placing a simple mirror where it will catch the reflection.
- A mirror over a fireplace will counter the effect of a dark fireplace for maximum light and space.
When choosing mirrors for your home consider them as something that you want to look at rather than look into!
We've got loads of mirrors to choose from in our accessories department so come and have a browse.