Our Head of Accessories, Joseph Hawksby, shares his thoughts on the five must-have home accessories for autumn 2016.
The nights are drawing in and whilst daytime temperatures have been high there's a definite autumnal feel in the air. A change of season is always a good time to update your home accessories to reflect the time of year.
If you're looking for some inspiration here are Joseph's top five buys for autumn.
- Candles - the warm flicker of a flame can't fail to make you feel warm and cosy. Candles create a cosy atmosphere in your home. With so many to choose from you're sure to find candles that coordinate with your home decor.
- Wool throws – draped across your bed or thrown across the arm of the sofa, wool throws and blankets add warmth and colour to your room. Just pull them over you and snuggle down on chilly evenings.
- Luxurious cushions – adding cushions made from soft, indulgent fabrics like velvet and faux fur to your upholstery will instantly give your sofas anmd chairs an autumnal feel.
- Floor rugs – for an instant autumnal look, add an area rug that incorporates the warm colours of the season, like burgundy, golden yellow, pumpkin orange and chocolate brown.
- Go natural – accessories made of natural materials such as wood and wicker are bang on trend for autumn 2016. The choices are many and varied, from wooden picture frames, candlestick holders and doorstops through to wicker baskets and ornaments.
To update your home for autumn come and browse the large range of home accessories on display at our Sidmouth store.